Wednesday, January 16, 2013
From the mailbag:
"There has been a lot of activity at 212 East Ohio in preparation for the opening of Jack Weiss’s new restaurant this spring. Weiss, owner of Coco Pazzo and Coco Pazzo Café, is busy readying the space for a completely different Italian eatery than his long standing Tuscan restaurants. The warm and intimate space will seat approximately 100 people and be home to a Roman trattoria and pizzeria featuring dishes from the Lazio region of Italy."
So exciting and Roman Trattoria and Pizzeria's pretty close to Coco Pazzo Cafe!
Michael Carlson photo via the Chicago Tribune
Hot shots on the move . . .
• A number of top-notch toques are getting together to help raise funds for a learning garden for Cesar E. Chávez Multicultural Academic Center on the South Side. The likes of Michael Carlson (Schwa), Andrew Zimmerman (Sepia) and Cary Taylor (The Southern) are whipping up the vittles and Chris Gerber, general manager of The Aviary, is hosting. The event takes place 6-9pm Jan. 28 at Cesar school (4747 S. Marshfield Ave.). Suggested donation is $75 and may be purchased by emailing Aaron McKay. Your ticket includes non-alcoholic beverages from Rare Tea Cellar, Peace Tree Brewery and European Imports.
• Get ready to squeal. The entire chef lineup for Baconfest has been revealed.
• Here's iNG/Moto chef Homaro Cantu on Good Morning America plugging his miracle berry diet.
• This is exciting news for the home cook. According to Time Out Chicago, you can now take home sauces created by the chefs of Girl & the Goat, Big Star and Pecking Order.
• The Gage Executive Chef Dirk Flanigan has resigned to work on his own project.